Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Whipped by neon



Life continues to be plain sailing without you, just like driving aimlessly at night, getting lost in the sea of neon lights. Perhaps I was looking for you but I was not sure about it.

I felt a jolt each time I thought i drove past that familiar figure of yours walking along the pavement, thinking where you have been, the joy and laughter you had, debonairness that I once knew about you.

If it were really you, and I bravely swerve the car to a corner, pull off by the road and get off to catch hold of you, holding you tightly by your arms, will u feel the same jolt that I get? Will that skinny frame that I fiercely clamp my hands upon be yours? Or does it belong to a mistaken random soul who would soon after slip out from my hands and return to join the party crowd, leaving me desperate for a cigarette under the piercing neon lights?

Where exactly is my destination?

~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home