Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Still feeling unsettled...

My overall mood for this week is just BADDDD.....and then looking back, i've only myself to blame for going thru' all these pretty much self-inflicted mental torture.

This hasn't been an enjoyable summer term. Even if there's no homework for my FIIM class, the pace is simply wrong, and the prof's spending way too much time on in-class presentations at the expense of teaching what's gonna be tested. I knew it's gonna be a self-study mod right from the start, but yet I'm still complaining why the Prof's not really teaching...She's only got 6 hours of lesson time left to cover more than a hundred slides of Derivative markets and instruments which are not intuitive at all to first-time learners. Looks like I won't be able to go HK in peace.

And yes..speakin' of which, that's another rather silly choice i'd made...alr spent like a total of 700 dollars pre-trip expenses and I'm pretty damn sure my mind will not be settled during the trip cos the FIIM final exam (50%!) is only 4 days after i come back fr HK. That's why i'm so kiasu now trying to prepare as much as i can before going on the trip....haiz....gonna see how it goes man.

And SMU Squash Fever 2007 has been poorly received so far...was expecting more poly people to sign up but the response so far damn discouraging. Me and my committee have alr tried our best in finding suitable dates n going thru all the necessary preparation....if the whole event is gonna lapse cos we dun haf enuff participants, it's just gonna prove either the squash scene is dead or we don't market ourselves well enuff....

Feeling damn stressed and disappointed everytime things don't go as planned or anticipated. Spare me 2 more paragraphs to vent plsss...

I was supposed to go for an interview with one of those big investment banks for an internship position and then I got rejected str away over the fone cos i made a declaration that i've a cousin who's working in there..and then of all people it has to be the HR Manager to give me the no-go cos of their corporate anti-nepotism shitty policy....n so i guess tt little overly-honest action of mine has caused me to be blacklisted in their recruitment list for a very long time...sigh...i'm so disappointed with this act of stupidity i've committed...not so much cos of not getting the job, but i just can't believe i could possibly do something so stupidly trivial that ended up with major consequences. I've alot to learn man...

And to wrap up, I'm so damn irritated by this extremely rude char bo fr my project group. I feel like just tellin' her to talk with some manners man. She's definitely one of the worst I've worked with so far. I don't even care if she's some top finance student or something...come SESS get slaughtered n ostracized only...Can't even comply to agreed deadline n wanna show attitude....wad a bitch...


~ blood-boiling at 3am...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home