Friday, January 01, 2010

My impatience

Today I was at Jurong East MRT station Popular Bookstore queuing up to pay for my stuffs. I was kinda in a hurry cos Mom & Dad were waiting for me at the supermarket to go back together.

And then I realized the queue wasn't moving - a couple at the cashier counter with a kid was holding everyone up as they were filling up membership forms and fiddling into their purses looking for coins. And that's where i was cursing under my breath until i figured the husband was a deaf and he had trouble making himself understood to the cashier.

And then i saw how nonchalant the two ladies in front of me were - they were waiting patiently in the queue as they figured the deaf husband and his family needed more time to settle the bill.

I stared blankly and thought about how impatient i was until the cashier called out to me to move forward. I can't really put in words what exactly is the lesson i shld be learning from this little observation of myself. Has it got something to do with my impatience or my becoming coldhearted?

~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home