Saturday, January 28, 2006

2006 CNY - A year of hope and enlightenment

I have to say the Piggy year was a sure inauspicious one for me and my family. I saw myself thru' a few setbacks, some lifechanging some plain frivolous but each made me learn something about myself. I don't wanna see them happening again.

That feeling is extremely dreadful when i getta drive my dad to hospital for his treatment. It was the same route everyday. I could anticipate where're the turns, the speed-cams, the jams and exactly which minute the cars will come streaming in. And i really hate the hospital, the air, the atmosphere. I just wish I don't have to step into one ever again. My papa's really having a hard time being tossed around by the treatment side effects. It'll be 1 to 2 more months before the whole ordeal can be over. It's the new year...my mom, sis and myself are all extremely positive about papa's conditions. He's gonna be fine.

This is the first time I'm skipping all the CNY house visits with my entire family. We're gonna stay at home to look after papa. And what we're going thru now made us realize how weak family ties are...all those superficial greetings over CNY, how we hope each other will prosper and harmonize, are all the hypocrisy we've demonstrated over the years. It's thru a crisis that you identify who your true frens are. Even our neighbors have shown more concern for us than some of our blood relatives. And it's also thru this crisis that I see what true tear-moving love means..that unconditional tender loving care my mom showered on my dad, all those drama scenes coming to reality...

Tonite's steamboat's gonna be great, in fact better than ever cos it's just the 4 of us sitting round the table, gathering hope and prayers for the new year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home