Thursday, May 25, 2006

i will survive...

it's so nice to see all my frens having the time of their lives in their own ways these summer holz.
Serene just came back from a her holiday in Spain & Portugal, Josh back from KL, Candice in Canada, Lihong in NZ (though i tink she won't agree she's having fun o'er there), Jianxiong going HK (or is he back already?), Kachun and finnie back from Europe, Ivan heading back to taiwan soon etc etc etc....

Perhaps it's all this envy that makes me feel imprisoned at home...that constant yearning to break free from the shackles of my self-inflicted misery...everyday i tell myself that my time will come..just how long more to go, i do not know....

As i look out of my window, i see children running happily across the school field, soaking up the warm sunshine, free as a bird...such a stark contrast from where i'm sitting....4 walls, metal grills on my window and bad ambience......but i'm sure the kids have their own problems too, something i've already been thru' during my days as a victim of the Singapore education system.

I guess the only way to seek some comfort is to tell myself my time will come when i can have all the freedom and fun i want in this world...it's just been delayed a little...by matters of dying importance...matters that require me to fulfil my moral duties, a bigger picture in life, a bigger investment of time and effort which i hope will eventually translate into fun and freedom too.

Everyday gets more hopeful. Mom made me breakfast...haven't had proper breakfast for a long time...thank you mom. I must persevere in my current endeavours...i must look at the brighter side of things....cos there're still people who're always by my side....thank you all.

I will survive...



~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home