Sunday, July 09, 2006

Unagi Festival

It's the Unagi Festival at my family's favorite Japanese restaurant, Sakuraya Sashimi House (http://www.sakuraya.com.sg/)

Unagi means EEL in japanese. Whether grilled, steamed or fried, it's definitely one of the most popular seafood dishes anytime, anywhere. Every year at around this period of time, it's the unagi season and Sakuraya will import some of the freshest unagi to singapore and throw an unagi-party for all japfood-lovers like me and my family!



my sister's $48 unagi daimyo gozen...



mom's unagi sashimi gozen




and my pathetic unajo set...



up, close and personal wif mr.unadon




and madame unagi-sushi



papa's advised not to eat too much sea food...so he had the oyako-don instead...



haven't had such great stuff in ages...just look at how delighted my sis was...





And then i got impatient with my sis takin' all those pics so i forgot all about posing a shot with my mom...*munch munch munch*




Papa's first shot in 9 months. He used to buy sashimi from sakuraya every weekend without fail, but now just weeks after his post-cancer treatment, the oyakodon (chicken) is the most he's allowed to eat.

Looking forward to the next visit here@sakuraya when i can bring him back for sashimi again.


~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home