Thursday, August 10, 2006

NDP ushering

It was quite an experience doin' NDP ushering as a student volunteer. I've already done it twice (last yr and tis yr). Before that, I've only been to NDP once, and that was during my JC days when I was hosting an exchange student from Taiwan and part of his programme was to attend the Singapore NDP.

I must say it really isn't easy to do crowd control. You have people yelling at you, disobeying directions and accusing you of giving preferential treatment to others. But the flipside is that an usher gets to watch NDP for free, make frens with fellow schoolmates and NDP participants and observe the way people plan and manage huge events like NDP.

But i guess the thing i value most at NDP is still the fun element...






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home