Sunday, June 01, 2008

A bigger picture

I always rem Harvey's last words of advice to me before he left for uPenn for exchange. He said i should stop micro-managing...and I didn't quite get what he meant back then. But everything seems to be pretty clear now.

What I've been thru' this semester have most probably gotten me to think further and broader. Two major screwups - one job interview and one midterm exam - got me to re-examine the way I view things and the way I go about getting my goals. Although I haven't exactly figured out how to reduce the incidence of my screwups, those weaknesses of mine would never have been uncovered had I not made those earlier mistakes and learned some valuable lessons from them.

I was glad to be able to turn things around in the end, achieving my best semester GPA in my time in SMU so far, as well as securing a summer internship with Merrill Lynch. So i figured...in life when you can't have the best of everything, go for what is more important in the long term and don't let small setbacks hold you back for too long.

~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home