Sunday, August 17, 2008

Being 24.

Can't tell you how much i cherish being at home today......to the extent of skipping my Japanese class.

Seriously today could truly be the best break that I've had in a long time...not having to worried about anything and anyone. Waking up late, rolling in bed, waiting for breakfast n coffee, then dragging my lazy feet to the living room to catch Michael Phelps make history with his 8th Olympic gold medal...then turning on the radio to catch a recent favorite - 卢广仲’s 100 种生活。Followed by Tanya Chua's latest unplugged album where she did a cover of Damien Rice's Blower's Daughter....a bit dousing the Sunday mood...but i love the song anyway.

~

Had my 24th Bday 2 days ago...was also my last day of work this summer at Merrill. Everything from lunch, golf to dinner were paid for. Really wanna thank my boss for everything he's imparted and blessed upon me during this internship, and getting me started on playing golf! And thanks Jerry for the wonderful buffett dinner at Orchard hotel too. N it can't get any better ending the day with some heart-to-heart talk with tw and dex over a fine Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon. And we just kept pouring out as we slowly emptied the bottle into our glasses.

Luckily, I wasn't too drunk.

It wasn't long ago when i had my 21st b-day...had been a thrilling 3 yrs of my life....how so?.... had a major crisis at home, met a couple of girls which didn't work out, had a couple of good eye-openers at some of the remotest corners of Southeast Asia, picked up new hobbies that seemed a 'lil short lived, saw my grades went down and up (and it better stays up)...and now trying hard to resist that tide which would inevitably sweep me into a new phase of life. And I realize it's just like a road trip, facing a few crossroads and not knowing what comes after the next junction. While navigating myself around, it became a discovery process of myself, steering myself in the right direction, along the way picked up speed, crashed and burnt a little, got fixed in the garage and then off to the next crossroad heading for a new destination.

That's how I would put it. Viewing life as a series of roadtrips with all those major crossroads and a pocketful of surprises.

~

Into the final year in college with a year to go, I still haven't quite figured how I should spend these final 10-12 months the way a college student ought to. But definitely, i'm just gonna let things flow and follow my heart wherever it takes me. And surely, it's time for all storms to end and the sun to reappear again. I want to learn to be a more positive person and that was my birthday wish this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home