Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Travel writings...


I can't remember when was it that I developed a liking for travel literature. No i'm not talking about those things that you can read on magazines or travel agency brochures, introducing some holiday ski trip or some beautiful beach resort. It's more like someone's personal account of a unique experience when he goes on travelling. And let's not restrict travelling to just leisure or holiday travelling. Travelling to me simply means trotting round the globe and seeing things beyond a certain radius from your home.

I used to buy books with many short stories about travelling in japan and then realized it's very narrow-minded to think that every road in this world is shaped like that in japan...so i indulge in other books that have the notion of travelling regardless of the book genre...could be
The Alchemist in which the boy ventured across the desert, Catch Me If You Can which featured an intelligent faker pulling off as a PanAm pilot flying all over the world swindling everyone's money, The Da Vinci's Code with all the adventure circling round the famous landmarks...(yes, i'm lookin' forward to the movie..haha.)

I can't help but sometimes in the dead of the night or on an extremely serene & peaceful day, when i stand by my window, close my eyes and feel the breeze caress my skin, i feel like i'm teleported to another place..walking along the beach, on a jungle canopy, or caught in the middle of a human traffic jam...that groggy feeling of gettin drunk on foreign land.

I love travelling. I love the unexpected, the unknown and the surprises that one stumbles upon when he gatecrashes a foreign party. I love that dangerous world out there.

Read this from somewhere... The world is like a book. Those who do not travel only read the first page of the book.....

Very true indeed. Go on to the next page, and the next, and the next....and then you'll realize every page gives you a different pleasant surprise.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home