Thursday, April 20, 2006

Happy 55th B-day, PaPa!

Yesterday's my papa's b-day. It's his 55th. So glad he's alright and able to sit down together wif the family and enjoying his fav dishes.

Was at his company's new factory/coldroom yesterday, a project he engineered and supervised entirely on his own without being paid a single cent. I can tell how much dedication and hardwork he's put in for something he can call his own brainchild. It has TOPed quite sometime ago and he's still so meticulous with every detail of the construction. And next he'll be moving on to worrying about manpower and sales volume. Papa's a workaholic indeed. He used to work 7 days a week all year round except for the first day of the Lunar New Year, a pathetic self-declared holiday. It's crazy and it's his life and his dedication and ownership of that part of his work he deemed no one can take away from him, truly inspires me.

I guess the new company can be good place for me to park my ass these hols after i complete my ACCA exams in June. Long holz ahead for me, but at least i'd be able to spend more time at home and wif my papa. Papa's starting to bring his work back home cos he's still on MC but he needs to keep himself occupied. Meanwhile, we're all aware that the war's not over. We've only called a truce for now cos of some complications. Will have to wait a little longer, painfully longer, until June or so before he goes for another PET Scan (the one that detected his cancer last dec) and tell whether he's finally back on his feet again. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed until then....and praying hard, very very hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home