Sunday, August 27, 2006

hello, i am uncle lim.

My eldest cousin just had a little party at my estate function room in celebration of her daughter's one-month birthday.

Here's little Liying, the latest addition to my extended family on my mom's side...and first of the 4th generation, which suddenly makes me feel damn old la.



And meet one of liying's other uncles, junming - my 3rd uncle's son. I still can rem carrying this young rascal in my arms not long ago actually.


4th Aunt & baby liying


Mom and baby liying


I think by the end of next yr, there'll be a few more additions to the 4th generation from some of my other cousins.

It's amazing how your age catches up on you and change your life completely in a matter of a few years. This was what i saw in my older cousins, and perhaps in myself real soon. You mug like mad in university, graduate and go out and look for a job, find a girl of your liking, work hard in your career, marry the girl, work even harder, shag the girl and produce a miniature version of yourself or your girl, work even harder for milk-powder money, shag the girl again and produce another mini-me etc...

Oh man, where's all the fun man?...can hardly squeeze them into the spaces among that chain of words. Just exactly what is life all about man? Is producing a mini-me an eventuality? What am i living the next 10 yrs of my life for?














~

1 Comments:

Blogger Dewei said...

I became an uncle at 16 alreadi... having a mini-u is better than having a non mini-u (quite scary eh, who does it belong to then)? Anyhow, starting a family is not an eventuality i suppose. It is a norm for our society. If you hav bolder dreams, pursue it!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home