Friday, August 18, 2006

~saying goodbye

Today is my last day at work at my dad+cousin+uncle's frozen food warehousing company. My duties have been fully discharged and whatever's left has been handed over to the relevant employees. It's been quite a different experience working with the drivers and the storemen. You learn how to appreciate their brashness and complete disregard for redtapes, houserules and paperwork in order to get things done efficiently. And also, when you respect them, they will respect you. It's very important to be on talking terms with people who're the pillars of strength in your company's core operations. It's also quite a challenge shouldering the responsibility of managing a few hundred thousand dollars worth of customers' goods in an extremely harsh working environment (-18 deg celcius coldrooms!), part of which is what auditors do during inventory stocktaking...so chances of me becoming an auditor in the future are kinda remote liao.

I'd especially want to thank the ops manager for his kindness and welfare and also to my cousin aka da boss for bringing me around to places where there're learning opportunities, and also granting me an internet connection in the office, generous paycheques and super-flexible working hours~! WOots!

I wish sch didn't have to start so early man.

~

Am also quite sad i've to leave Kudo-san's japanese class permanently to attend the saturday afternoon one instead cos of my tuesday squash trainings and my arrangement for a 3-day week. Learning jap under her was damn fun la...she'll make fun of our jap mispronunciations and talk nonsense once in a while. I wonder how the new teacher Nakamura-san is like but since saturday's gonna be a super-packed class, i bet the attention every student gets from the teacher is gonna be very minimal, unlike in Kudo-san's class. In any case, i hope there's a chance to take classes under Kudo-san in the future.

Two days left before the school term officially kicks off!
*vroom vroom*

~

1 Comments:

Blogger Dewei said...

wah thank you speech eh? yea i agree theres plenty to learn from those blue collar workers...and realli hope that we dont end up like those inflexible and rigid office stupid asses....

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home